Information we collect from you and how we use it
When you place an order with Bed City Leicester we collect the relevant information to complete orders like Name, Address, Email, Phone Number.
You can opt-in to receive updates from us that include offers, sales and promotional items.
We may use the information you provided to contact you for updates on your order.
- Shop online (either as a guest or using your account)
- Enter a competition
- Sign up for news and offers
- Using a contact form
How do we use the information we collect about you?
We may use the information provided by you in a variety of ways, including:
- To answer your questions or provide you with the information you have requested
- To process your order or manage your account
- To help with any questions if you have started an order but not completed it
- To provide a more personalised online experience by showing you the most relevant products and offers
- To keep track of sales and enquiries
- To monitor how our customers transact with us in store and online, for example by checking who has redeemed vouchers or bought items using our website (for more information see Understanding Our Customers below)
- To contact you for your views on our products and services
- To keep you informed about the products and services that we offer (for more information on your choices see Keeping You Informed below)
- For market research purposes, by tracking activity on our site or in-store (on an anonymous basis) to identify trends and/or to improve usefulness and content
- To notify you about important changes or developments to our site or services
We only retain your information for a limited period in order to respond to your query, provide you with the information you require or to send you updates on our products and services for as long as you indicate that you are happy for us to do so. We are required to keep some records for a longer period of time to meet our legal obligations.
Understanding Our Customers
So that we can provide a better service, we want to understand the shopping patterns of our customers, how customers select the products and services they ultimately buy, which apps and technology customers prefer to use, and how successful our advertising and promotional campaigns have been. We may use a number of different techniques to do this:
- We never see or store your payment card details. We do use a unique encrypted token that can tell the same payment card is used in different places, All payments are taken by Stripe & Paypal
- We monitor which customers redeem vouchers using a code that makes the offer personal to you
- We may monitor other websites you visit and the goods and services you look for using search engines in order to provide you with information about products and services from Bed City Leicester which are most relevant to you.
- We may connect with social media sites so that we can better target our advertising while you are using these services and improve the relevance of what you see
Disclosing your data
At Bed City Leicester we never make your personal details available to companies outside of our company and will never share any details.
However, we may use other companies to provide services to you on our behalf. These services may include but are not limited to answering your questions about products or services, sending postal mail, texts and emails and analysing data. We will only provide those companies with the information they need to deliver the service we have engaged them for and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
How is your information protected
We take the protection of your information seriously and have appropriate physical and technological security measures in place to keep it safe. Internally, we restrict access to personal information. Only employees who need the information in order to do their jobs have access to it. Your information will be stored in the UK and will not be transferred to any other country.
You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of it, please email us.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Therefore, if you think any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email or write to us as soon as possible so we can update our records. If you have set up an account you can always update your details in the account settings.
If, at any time, you wish to have your information removed from our active databases, please send an email entitled “REMOVE FROM DATABASE” to email@example.com. If you do any of these actions, we will take steps to ensure that your preferences are updated or the information is deleted as soon as reasonably practicable. There may be a small delay in updating our database and so you may still receive communications which we have already processed in our system.
If you start shopping with us online and adding items to your shopping basket, either; when using your account or entering your email address, and don’t subsequently complete the order, we will send you an email. The email will contain your chosen basket of products and any service we feel would be of help to you. These communications are sent under a legitimate interest basis and are treated separately from our marketing emails. You can unsubscribe from this at any time using the unsubscribe link on the bottom of the email you receive.
You can choose to be added to our mailing list to receive marketing information, for this we use MailChimp. We only store your email address and name for marketing purposes. You can unsubscribe to all our marketing information by clicking the link in an email or by contacting support.
3rd Party Companies
To help personalise your journey and process your orders or assist you with any issues you are having we currently use the following companies, who will process your personal data as part of their contracts with us where applicable:
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Your data is sent securely from the contact form to the site owner for processing your enquiry. If this is dealt with and no longer required, the email is deleted securely and no further information is held with us.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Online Ordering from our Website
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 5 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example —
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
This site utilises caching in order to facilitate a faster response time and better user experience. Caching potentially stores a duplicate copy of every web page that is on display on this site. All cache files are temporary, and are never accessed by any third party, except as necessary to obtain technical support from the cache plugin vendor. Cache files expire on a schedule set by the site administrator, but may easily be purged by the admin before their natural expiration, if necessary.